A delivery team is a great way to share the joy of volunteering with others and make it a little easier on everyone's schedule. You may want to share a route, or group of routes, with your co-workers, group, church, family, or friends. How often your team would deliver is up to you - it can be once a week, twice a month, once a month or whatever works best for your schedule.
Tips for Successful Delivery Teams
- Make a schedule of delivery days with contact numbers for each delivery-team member.
- Establish a back-up coordinator to fill-in when the primary coordinator is absent.
- Have as many of the team members as possible attend our volunteer training session. (It can be scheduled at a time that is best for you.)
- Periodically check the Non-Delivery Dates on our website. State holidays are not always our closure holidays.
- If no one can cover your team's route, please call to arrange for a substitute for your route at least 24 hours in advance or you can click here to request a substitute through our website. Cancellations made on your date of delivery are difficult to cover - and we want to make sure clients will still get their meals.
- Please share all schedules and back-up information with Kelly Usry, our Volunteer Director by email or by calling 325-655-9200.
For any questions or for more information on creating a Delivery Team, please contact Kelly by email or by calling 325-655-9200.