Our volunteers are the heartbeat of our organization. With their help, we are able to deliver lunchtime meals in San Angelo, Carlsbad, Miles, Water Valley, Grape Creek, Wall, and Christoval.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available, but drivers are the most needed. We have 50 routes to deliver every Monday through. Volunteers can pick up meals between 10:00 am - 11:15 am for meal delivery. Average route delivery times range from an hour to an hour and a half.
- Regular - Volunteer adopts a route that he/she delivers on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Substitute - Volunteers not scheduled on a regular basis but willing to deliver any route on days that drivers are needed.
- Emergency - Volunteers willing to deliver any route LAST MINUTE in an emergency.
- A valid driver's license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Personal automobile insurance
- Patience and understanding with seniors and individuals with disabilities
- Agreement to a criminal background check
- Must be available to pick up meals by 11:15 a.m. Drivers must call and let us know at least 24 hours in advance if they will be unable to deliver their route so that a replacement can be found.
Additional volunteer opportunities
If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions about the volunteer opportunities available, please contact Kelly Usry, Volunteer Director, at (325) 655-9200 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.